Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is an Oxford Research Encyclopedia?
A digital Encyclopedia for advanced scientists, researchers, scholars and students composed of peer-reviewed overview articles that map the entirety of a field of study. Continuously updated, it evolves as the field evolves, and serves as a foundational source of trusted information.
2. Who is powering the ORE of International Studies?
The ORE of International Studies is supported by the world’s leading researchers, experts and scholars in the discipline. Articles are commissioned by Oxford’s senior reference editors and vetted by editorial boards of international experts.
3. What is the journey of an ORE?
Each ORE discipline begins with an information site, providing background and updates about the project. After a few months, the sites grow to include short previews of future articles. Full, peer-reviewed articles will begin to appear as they are submitted and edited.
4. Can I learn more about the ORE of International Studies at International Studies conferences?
Oxford University Press is present at many of the annual International Studies conferences. For a full list of conferences that will feature the ORE of International Studies visit the Conferences page and for a full list of conferences that Oxford University Press attends, please click here.
5. Where can I go to learn more about the OREs?
Visit the ORE Program website at oxfordre.com, where you can find a full list of ORE disciplines and with direct access to each site. Start exploring!
6. Are there MARC records available for the ORE of International Studies?
Yes, MARC records for all ORE sites can be downloaded from http://oxfordre.com/page/marc-records.
7. I would like to reuse or reproduce excerpts from the OREs. Do I need to get permission?
Yes, in order to reuse, reproduce, digitize or translate any except, article and image from the OREs, you need to fill out a permissions request form, available at the following URL:
Depending on your request, please select the appropriate link on the online form, and follow the instructions.